Application Characteristics of Epoxy board:
1. Various forms. Various systems of resin, curing agent and modifier can be adapted to almost any type of application requirements, ranging from very low viscosity to high melting point solids.
2. Easy to be cured. We can use a variety of different curing agents, and the epoxy resin system can be cured within 0~180℃.
3. Strong adhesion force. The presence of polar hydroxyl and ether bonds inherent in the molecular chain of epoxy resins makes epoxy board have high adhesion to all kinds of substances. The shrinkage and internal stress is low when the epoxy resin is curing, which also help to improve adhesion strength.
4. Low shrinkage. The reaction of the epoxy resin and its curing agent is carried out by direct addition reaction or the open-loop polymerization reaction of epoxy in the resin molecule, and no water or other volatile byproducts are released. It shows very low shrinkage (less than 2%) in the curing process compared to unsaturated polyester resin and phenolic resin.
5. Mechanical properties. The cured epoxy resin system has excellent mechanical properties.